Must have tools in your home tool kit to make your life easier
A home tool kit is essential for basic repairs and other tasks around the home. Every homeowner should have these basic tools to carry out small home projects. Having the right tools not only eases up your work but also allows you to do your tasks by yourself rather than calling out your neighbours.
The home tool kit saves your time and money as by having it you don’t have to rely on others.
So, why not buy a nice home tool kit for yourself to do basic home repair tasks? The following is the list of must-have tools in your home tool kit along with their uses.
Table of Contents
List of 8 Must-Have Tools for your Home tool Kit
A screwdriver is a tool that is used for turning screws. It is considered as a must-have tool in your home tool kit because of many reasons. For instance, it can be used to tighten kitchen cabinets, install light switches, and open the lids of metal paint cans.
They can also be used for levering small items, picking, scraping, and much more. So, why not have a screwdriver set to fix small home projects by yourself? Are you in search of the best screwdrivers for your home tool kit? Then, here are the top 5 screwdrivers which you must consider in 2021:
- DEWALT 8V MAX Cordless Screwdriver Kit.
- Milwaukee 2401-22 M12 12-Volt Cordless Screwdriver.
- Bosch PS21-2A 12V Max 2-Speed Pocket Driver.
- WORX WX255L SD Semi-Automatic Power Screw.
- BLACK+DECKER 4V MAX Cordless Screwdriver.
A toolbox is a box that keeps other tools intact and safe. It also acts as an organizing box in which you can place your screws, bolts, drivers, etc. How to find the right toolbox for yourself? Are you looking for information in this regard, right? Then, here are a few tips and tricks to find the right toolbox for yourself:
Pick the size of the toolbox as per your need. If you have more tools then go for a large toolbox and vice-versa.
Select a lightweight toolbox so that you can carry it with ease. However, the weight of the toolbox must be adequate to hold the tools. Go for an aluminum toolbox. They are corrosion-resistant, durable, and are lighter in weight.
The hammer can be of great use to you. It is one of the essential tools in your home tool kit and serves a variety of purposes. For instance, it can be used for general carpentry work, nail pulling, or framing.
It can also be used for cabinet assembling, finishing work, shaping the metal, assembling the furniture, striking masonry drills, etc. A lot many hammers are available in the market but you must choose them wisely. Are you looking for relevant information in this regard, right?
Then, the following tips will surely work for you. Here are few tips on choosing the best hammer for your basic home tool kit.
- Got for fiberglass or steel hammers. The steel hammers have durable handles whereas the fiberglass hammer is usually light in weight. So, select as per your requirement.
- Avoid buying wood hammers. This is because their handles usually break within less time and their grip is usually slippery.
Are you in search of the best hammer for your home tool kit? Then, there is nothing to worry about because the following list will surely help you out. Here are the top 5 hammers for basic home use:
- IIT 12-Ounce Stubby Hammer.
- TEKTON Double-Faced Soft Mallet.
- Stanley FatMax Xtreme AntiVibe Rip Claw Hammer.
- Stanley 13-Ounce Wood Hammer.
- Olympia Tools 8-Ounce Wood Claw Hammer.
1.4. Tape Measure
A measuring tape or a tape measure is used to compute distance and size. It has a flexible ruler and consists of linear measurement markings. It has a metal, plastic, or fiberglass strip and is a common measuring tool for home-related projects.
It is highly portable and a pocket-size device that can be used to measure the distance between objects or to measure the home corners.
So, whether you need to add new furniture into your home or to place a brand-new carpet; this measuring tape can be of great use to you.So, why not have it in your basic home tool kit? Here is the list of the best tape measures that you can buy today:
- Stanley PowerLock.
- Milwaukee Auto Lock Tape Measure.
- Bosch BLAZE Laser Distance Measurer.
- DEWALT 100 ft. Long Tape.
- Stanley FATMAX.
- Komelon The Professional.
The flashlight is another basic home tool that you shouldn’t ignore buying it for your ease. It acts as a source of light in the darkness and can help you to find the keys that you lost. Or if you are looking for something that’s gone under the bed, sofa, and car and you cannot find it with your naked eye; a flashlight can assist you.
So, why not buy it to avail of its ample benefits? Here are more benefits of a flashlight that will instigate you to buy it right away:
- When electricity is not available during extreme weather conditions; a flashlight will provide you with a light for survival.
- It also acts as a surveillance tool and you can survey your camp at night.
- In your wild expeditions, you can utilize the SOS mode of the flashlight to look for help rather than waving or screaming at the incoming cars.
- A flashlight also provides you light in dark shooting areas.
When choosing a flashlight; you should consider the following features so that you can pick the best one for yourself:
- The flashlight should be efficient, durable, and have a longer runtime.
- It should be bright, lightweight, and have a powerful lumen.
- It should have different light modes so that you can adequately manage the runtime.
1.6. Duct Tape
A duct tape is an adhesive tape often coated with polyethylene. It is a pressure-sensitive tape and acts as a repair tool for basic home-related tasks. For instance, it can be used for general sealing, packing boxes, patching holes, removing splinters, creating artwork, etc.
So, whether you need it for fixing a tent for your camping trip or want to retain more heat into your winter boots, duct tape is a right choice for you. The other uses of duct tape are the following:
- You can remove pet hair with duct tape.
- Duct tape can also act like a cricket trap to banish the crickets permanently by sealing their entrance.
- If you have a fungus toenail issue, duct tape can clear it and provide you comfort.
- A duct tape can also fix up your toothpaste tube especially when it is on the last legs.
Having said so; why not go for duct tape instantly? Are you looking for the best duct tape for your home tool kit? Then, here is the answer. Oh! Yes, you have read that right. Here are the top 5 duct tapes that you must consider for your home tool kit:
- Best high visibility: Gaffer Power Professional Premium Tape.
- Best no-residue: Scotch 3M No Residue Duct Tape.
- Best overall: Black Gorilla Tape.
- Best designer: Platypus Designer Duct Tape.
- Best transparent: Gorilla Crystal Clear Tape.
1.7. Utility Knife
A utility knife is a knife that is designed for general use. It is a hand tool that can be employed to cut corrugated packaging boxes, plastic, drywall, roof shingles, vinyl flooring, etc. All kinds of rough work at home can be done with this knife.
It has a fixed blade knife with durable cutting edges which can be of great use to you. You can also shave the wood with this knife or open boxes, sharpen your pencils, and the list goes on.
So, why not buy it for your ease of comfort? Are you searching for the best utility knife for your basic home tool kit? Then, consider choosing from the following list:
- Milwaukee 48-22-1502 Fastback Utility Knife with Blade Storage.
- Milwaukee 48-22-1501 Fastback Folding Utility Knife.
- BEST RETRACTABLE UTILITY KNIFE: LENOX 20353 SRK1.
- BEST SMALL UTILITY KNIFE: Gerber Prybrid.
- BEST SNAP-OFF UTILITY KNIFE: OLFA Aluminum Utility Knife.
It is important to consider the pros and cons of the above-given list so that you can pick the right one for yourself.
1.8. Set Of Pliers
Pliers are basic home tools that are used for gripping or holding small articles or to cut or bend the wires. Pliers are available in various shapes and sizes and have multiple uses. Some are used for gripping something around a rod or pipe; some are used for twisting the wires and others are designed to work for multiple tasks including cutting the wires.
These are essential tools for your home tool kit and you shouldn’t ignore choosing a set of pliers for basic home repair tasks.
The best way to choose a plier set is to consider your need or requirement. The following guide will help you in this regard:
- If you own a jewelry-making or business; then, a chain nose plier is the right plier for you. This plier is perfect for intricate jobs like holding small pieces and making bead crafts.
- If you want to reposition the wires; then, pick a tweezer nose plier for yourself. This plier is ultra-precise and able to hold wires that are less than 1 mm in thickness.
- If you want to bend or straighten the wires; then, flat nose pliers can certainly work for you. Select a flat nose plier that has an easy grip and has an ergonomic design so that you can work with ease.
- For easy coiling, bending, or forming; combination pliers are the best ones. This plier serves a variety of purposes and you must consider them for your basic home tool kit.
If you are in search of the best tools for your home tool kit then do not forget to follow the above pieces of advice. Finding the right tools will not only ease up your work but will also encourage you to do basic household work by yourself. Apart from fixing various home-related issues; you will also learn new ways to do basic home repairs. So, why not buy a basic home tool kit right away for your home repair tasks?